If you’ve been noticing a few subtle changes in your Infinite Warfare gameplay this weekend, whilst grinding out that Double XP; odds are you are experiencing some of the balance changes that Infinity Ward has recently implemented into the game.
Infinite Warfare has received several patches since it’s launch only a few weeks ago, the developers over at IW seem to be fairly set on improving this Call of Duty, whenever they have the chance. This week, the Team at Infinity Ward released several tweaks and updates to not only game-stability, but also game modes, weapons, and more. Some of these changes in which, are arguably the biggest since the games second beta phase!
We’ve compiled all of the balance changes below. You can checkout the full archived list of changes by visiting Infinity Wards Reddit post.
- Infected has been added back to all platforms
- Hardcore FFA has been added to all platforms
- Hardcore Kill Confirmed has been added to PS4 and Xbox
- Hardcore Kill Confirmed replayed Hardcore Defender in the Moshpit on PC
- Removed Hardcore Defender from PS4 and Xbox
- Reintroduced SnD into PC Moshpits
- Scorestreaks now give team score based on where the owner is on the map in Frontline
- Double XP UI added
- Volk Tuning: reduced damage range, reduced hip fire accuracy, more violent ADS view kick
- Infected: Inactivity kick (Infected will be added back shortly)
- Infected: always turn initial infected to normal infected if a survivor suicides
- Frost: spawn additional out of bound trigger to catch dropped bombs by sub wallrun
- Rigs are now properly unlocked when ANY of their rig packages are unlocked, rather than just the first one.
- Speculative fix for a crash in the wild
- Fix for split screen weapon streaming
Zombies in Spaceland
- Added a weapon rank upgrade splash when that weapon reaches a new rank.
- Don’t end the game in solo if The Hoff is active
- Correctly handle Coupon Clipper FnF card when used to call in The Hoff V3.
- Fixed an exploit where players can double jump after respawing from dying via a kill trigger.
- Weapon upgrade powerup fixes.
- Fixed an exploit where players who played both MP and CP would get drastically increased Weapon XP gains
Infinite Warfare has received mixed reviews and feelings ever since it’s launch. While the competitive Call of Duty Community still seems to be a bit hesitant to accept the title as the 2016-2017 official Call of Duty World League title; it seems Infinity Ward is continuing to do their best to cater to the eSports Call of Duty crowd by making the title as entertaining to watch and play, as possible.